Planning, Assessing, and Communicating Library Impact: Putting the Standards for Libraries in Higher Education into Action
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
DescriptionLibraries in higher education are increasingly required to demonstrate their value and document their contributions to overall institutional effectiveness. The Standards for Libraries in Higher Education is a framework for library planning and assessment that can be used for a variety of circumstances including annual planning, program review, and accreditation self-study. Through presentation, discussion, and group activities, learn how to use the Standards to communicate your library’s impact!
- Be able to establish the library and institutional contexts to effectively engage in planning, self-study, accreditation, or program review processes
- Use the ACRL Standards for Libraries in Higher Education and other foundational documents as a framework to develop benchmarks, evaluate quality and performance, and demonstrate value to the institutional mission.
- Evaluate various metrics and assessment tools to select the best approach for a given situation.
- Examine the role of leadership in building a culture of evidence to engage all librarians and staff members in effective decision-making.
Debra Gilchrist, Vice President for Learning and Student Success, Pierce College; Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe, Coordinator for Information Literacy Services and Instruction and Professor for Library Administration, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Separate registration fee required. Due to limited space, preconference registrations cannot be confirmed until we have received and process payment.
|Member Type:||Registration Rate:
|ACRL Personal Member||$165|
|Full-time Library School Student||$85|
|Unemployed/Non-salaried ALA member
Submit your ACRL 2013 registration via the online registration form. Please note, you will need to log in to your ALA account or create a new one if you don't have an ALA profile. Please expect to receive e-mail confirmation within 24 hours.
Register by Mail or Fax
Print off a copy of the ACRL 2013 Registration Form (PDF file) and mail or fax your completed form. Please expect to receive an e-mail confirmation within three to five business days of receipt of your form.
Add a preconference to your existing ACRL Registration
1. Go to the online registration form and enter your log-in and password.
2. On the "RegistrationSummary" page, click the "Add Items" button under the Pending Purchases header.
4. You will see the list of ACRL 2013 Preconferences. Enter the quantity (“1”) next to the preconference you want to add to your registration. Scroll down then click the “Next” button at the bottom of the page.
5. You will be taken to “Registration Summary” page where you will see the preconference added to your registration. Scroll down and click “Next”. You will be taken to the “Booking Summary/Confirmation” page which completes the process and a new confirmation will be sent to your email.
- Name substitutions will not be allowed, nor can you give your preconference registration slot to another attendee.
- An updated confirmation will be e-mailed to you once you have registered for a preconference.
- Once a preconference reaches its attendance maximum, registration for that session will close.