Rediscover the Joy of Working Together!: Positive Approaches for Increasing Collaboration and Effectiveness in Libraries
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Join this collaborative session to enhance your ability to help your library become more healthy organization, Learn to improve teamwork, effectively plan and make decisions, and conduct evidence based assessments. This session highlights current practices in organizational change management, and describes and demonstrates several positive approaches, tools, and techniques that librarians can use to facilitate change. Develop an organizational change management skills toolkit that can immediately be applied at their organization.
Throughout the day, you will have the opportunity to practice the tools and techniques discussed and to share your experiences. With those experiences as background, and referring back to the opening introductions and expectations, the facilitators lead the group through a discussion of approaches. At the end of the preconference, you will be asked to reflect on what you learned and will take back and implement at your organization.
- Discover how to describe and demonstrate three tools for facilitating change in your library.
- Be able to explain the rationale for using such tools in implementing positive change and evaluate your own organization.
- Have a plan for how to continue to build change-related skills after the preconference
Jean Darbyshire, Director Emeritus, Kansas State University Libraries; Danielle Theiss, Head of Public Services, Rockhurst University; Keith Russell, Life Sciences Librarian, University of Kansas; Leo Agnew, Director, Human Resources & Diversity Programs, University of Missouri; Mike Broadwell, Human Resources Manager, University of Kansas; Regina Beard, Faculty and Graduate Services Librarian, Kansas State University
Separate registration fee required. Due to limited space, preconference registrations cannot be confirmed until we have received and process payment.
|Member Type:||Registration Rate:
|ACRL Personal Member||$165|
|Full-time Library School Student||$85|
|Unemployed/Non-salaried ALA member
Submit your ACRL 2013 registration via the online registration form. Please note, you will need to log in to your ALA account or create a new one if you don't have an ALA profile. Please expect to receive e-mail confirmation within 24 hours.
Register by Mail or Fax
Print off a copy of the ACRL 2013 Registration Form (PDF file) and mail or fax your completed form. Please expect to receive an e-mail confirmation within three to five business days of receipt of your form.
Add a preconference to your existing ACRL Registration
1. Go to the online registration form and enter your log-in and password.
2. On the "RegistrationSummary" page, click the "Add Items" button under the Pending Purchases header.
4. You will see the list of ACRL 2013 Preconferences. Enter the quantity (“1”) next to the preconference you want to add to your registration. Scroll down then click the “Next” button at the bottom of the page.
5. You will be taken to “Registration Summary” page where you will see the preconference added to your registration. Scroll down and click “Next”. You will be taken to the “Booking Summary/Confirmation” page which completes the process and a new confirmation will be sent to your email.
- Name substitutions will not be allowed, nor can you give your preconference registration slot to another attendee.
- An updated confirmation will be e-mailed to you once you have registered for a preconference.
- Once a preconference reaches its attendance maximum, registration for that session will close.