Virtual Conference Scholarships
What is the ACRL 2015 Virtual Conference?
This online conference will include live, interactive Webcasts, slidecasts of face-to-face sessions, discussion boards, audio blogs, speaker materials and more. The event will take place in a dedicated online conference community that will also serve participants attending the conference in Portland, OR, March 25 - 28, 2015. This will afford unique opportunities for collaboration, learning and networking among all conference participants – both live and online. As a virtual conference participant, you won’t ever have to leave your desk!
To provide opportunities for applicants to update their skills and knowledge by participating in the ACRL 2015 Virtual Conference.
- Enhance applicant's ability to provide excellent services to constituent groups
- Provide applicants with an active, positive interaction with ACRL that will strengthen membership and provide applicants an opportunity to increase their network of colleagues
- Increase participation in ACRL's online professional development activities
- Increase ACRL's efforts toward being a more inclusive organization worldwide
Five scholarships will be awarded. Each will include complimentary registration (a $185 value) for the ACRL Virtual Conference. This scholarship provides complimentary registration for the Virtual Conference online only. There is no computer, Web connection, or technical support included.
You will need a computer system that allows for e-mail and Web browsing.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- Currently employed in an academic or research library or a full time library school student (full-time as defined by their institution)
- Recommended by one of the following: Dean, director, or direct supervisor for librarians or support staff. Library school dean, director, advisor or professor for library school students
To be considered, applicants must:
- Obtain a recommendation that can be cut and pasted into the application form (not to exceed 300 words).
- Complete the online Virtual Conference Scholarship Application (available in spring, 2014). The application includes a brief description of the applicant's job responsibilities or coursework as well as a description of how participating in the ACRL Virtual Conference will support their long-term goals (not to exceed 300 words).
Deadline for Submission
The application deadline is Friday, November 7, 2014 (11:59 p.m. Central).
The award committee consists of members of the ACRL Conference Scholarship Committee. The committee will strive to achieve both diversity and balance among scholarship recipients based on the following factors:
- Responses to open-ended questions on the application form
- Educational experience, background, and geographical diversity, including remote locations
In awarding the scholarships, preference will be given to ALA and ACRL Members and particular attention will be given to applicants from remote locations who would not otherwise be able to participate in the ACRL conference in Indianapolis. Preference will be given to individuals who have not previously been awarded an ACRL scholarship. Individuals may only receive one ACRL scholarship per professional development event.
Scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by February 2, 2015.
For questions contact Tory Ondrla, ACRL Conference Supervisor at email@example.com.