How to Submit
Submitting a proposal for ACRL 2019? Before starting, please review these four simple steps.
1. The #1 Rule
Proposal selection for ACRL 2019 is a blind, peer-review process. Do not identify presenter and institution names in your proposal. Proposals with presenter and/or institution names will not be considered (really, trust us).
2. Review all the Parts of a Successful Proposal
Review the Proposal Elements before you start your proposal submission. Consider your content and what Session Format and Tags best fit your proposal. Check out the recording of the webcast for individuals submitting ACRL 2019 proposals. Hear from seasoned submitters and reviewers and discover tips on submitting your best ACRL 2019 conference proposal.
3. Know How Proposals are Evaluated
The ACRL 2019 Conference committees will evaluate the content of your proposal for relevance to the conference tracks and theme, clarity, originality, and timeliness. Proposals should be for original work that has not been previously published. Special attention will be given to proposals that:
- demonstrate innovative thinking;
- generate ideas or report research that contribute to ongoing discussion about the future of academic and research libraries;
- contribute ideas for positioning academic and research librarians to be leaders both on and off campus;
- present strategies for effectively implementing new ideas and technology; and
- encourage active learning among conference attendees
4. Understand the Presenter Requirements
ACRL 2019 presenters will be required to:
- register for and attend the conference (complimentary registration may be requested for non-librarian presenters on the submission form)
- grant permission for possible recording (slidecasts) and broadcast of their presentation;
- assign ACRL first publication rights, as contributed papers will be published as part of the ACRL conference proceedings; and
- contributed paper presenters must provide completed papers in both hard copy and electronic versions by the paper submission deadline date.
Questions should be directed to Margot Conahan at firstname.lastname@example.org