How To Documentation
2-Step Login Needed Prior to Launch
- (Dev login – needed for now) https://conference.acrl.org/
- (User names sent separately. This will be the only login needed after launch)
The pages in the sub-nav on the left will show you the various ways content can be styled on your site. When editing or creating new pages, you may want to refer to this section to ensure that you are applying the correct styles to the site.
- Content Styles – Shows you the basic interior page content styles that are available, as well as formatting.
- Style Guide – Shows you the fonts, colors and image sizes used throughout your site.
- Speakers – This is the “Our Team” library item (Listed under Keynotes)
- Housing and Travel – This is a full page library item
- Sponsors – This is the pricing table and gallery widgets.
- Responsive tables – Table that is entered in the WYSIWYG (This has been saved as a module for you to refer to – just add the module)
How to Add/Edit Pages
To create a new page, Click Pages – then click, Add New.
- Type in the Page Name for your page. This will serve as the headline for your page. (This should not be confused with your SEO Title, which is at the bottom of the editor.)
- Please note that you can edit your url link beneath the Page Name.
- Select the “Page Builder” button to switch into the Divi theme.
- At any time, if you like a particular layout and would like to use it on a particular page, you can click “Save Layout” and give the layout a unique name. (You may also do this with “Save Row” and “Save Module”)
- When creating a new page, you can select “Load Layout” and select the layout that you would like to use, then just edit the content within your layout.
- Choose the modules that you would like to add to the page.
- Underneath the Page Builder, you will find the SEO Settings module. Here you can add your Title Tag and Meta Description for your page.
- In the right column, be sure to select the Page Attributes for your page: If your page is a Parent (top-level) page, select “No Parent”. If your page is a sub-page of another page, be sure to choose the correct Parent name to that page.
- To change the order of a sub-page, enter its page order in the Order box.
How to Add Sub-Navigation to a Page
Edit the page that should have sub navigation, i.e., your Top-Level page.
- You will need to choose a layout with a left nav bar 1/4. (If you need to add a right sidebar, you’ll want to choose the layout with left and right nav bar as 1/4.) Text will not wrap under this area.
- You can add separate full-width modules further down the page to wrap under these areas.
- Click “Insert Module” in the left module area and choose the “Sidebar” option.
- In the pop-up window, choose “Left Navigation” and click “Save”.
- Add the rest of the copy/images i the other modules as you normally would, and click update to update the page.
- Be sure to set up your top-level page as the “Parent” page, and associate all “Child” pages to the Parent page. (Child pages will show up in the sidebar navigation.)
Menus: How to Edit Menus
- In the left menu, Click “Appearance”
- Click “Menus”
- Select which menu you would like to edit in the “Select a Menu to Edit” drop-down menu
- Drag the Pages that you would like to show up in the menu from the “Pages” box on the left, to the Menu Structure on the right.
- Please note that you can edit the “Navigation Label” (name that shows up) in the menu, by clicking on the “Page” triangle on the right.
How to Edit Footer Area/Sidebar Widgets
- In the left menu, Click “Appearance”
- Click “Widgets”
- Select which widget you would like to edit in the center area. (For the Footer Address, select “Footer Area #1)
- Click on the caret to open the content area and edit.
- If your page isn’t looking quite right, always remember to “Clear Formatting” using the eraser icon in the editor, in addition to avoid copying content from Microsoft Word.
- Keep in mind that all modules can be dragged and dropped within a page. If you decide to add sub-navigation to an existing page, you do not need to recreate your page.