ACRL 2021 Scholarships
ACRL 2021 Scholarships provide opportunities for the academic and research library community to expand their professional horizons, update their skills and knowledge, and learn more about current issues and developments in academic and research libraries by participating in the premiere ACRL professional development experience.
All scholarships will include complimentary registration to attend the ACRL 2021 Virtual Conference.
*Note: for the Spectrum Scholar Travel Grant application, please see the Spectrum Scholar Travel Grant Application page.
The scholarship application is now open!
ACRL Conference Scholarships are available to everyone who meets the criteria in the following categories:
- Early and mid-career librarians (0-15 years of post-MLS professional library experience)
- Library school students and recent graduates
- Library professional and support staff (non-MLS)
- ALA Spectrum Scholars
To be considered, applicants must:
- Complete the online scholarship application, which includes a brief description of employment history/aspirations or progress toward obtaining an MLS degree, as well as a description of how attendance at the ACRL conference will support their long-term goals (not to exceed 300 words).
- Obtain a recommendation from one professional reference (for example: library dean/director, supervisor, library school dean/professor/advisor, practicum/internship supervisor). Recommendations should not exceed 300 words and must be copy/pasted directly into application form.
*Note: for Spectrum Scholar application requirements, please see the Spectrum Scholar Travel Grant Application page.
The award committee consists of members of the ACRL Conference Scholarship Committee. The committee will score applications based on the following:
- Responses to open-ended questions
- Reference recommendation
In awarding the scholarships, preference will be given (as applicable) to:
- Applicants from diverse cultural/ethnic backgrounds
- Applicants employed at institutions or in positions serving under-represented groups
- Applicants who have not previously been awarded an ACRL scholarship
- Applicants employed at community or technical colleges
- Applicants who are ALA or ACRL members
The committee will strive to achieve diversity and balance among scholarship recipients and will also take into account financial need and geographical location of the applicant.
*Note: for Spectrum Scholar application criteria, please see the Spectrum Scholar Travel Grant Application page.
Scholarship Applicants will be notified via e-mail in January 2021. Applicants should not register for the ACRL 2021 Virtual Conference until notified of their status to avoid the need for refunds.
For questions contact Chase Ollis, ACRL Professional Development and Outreach Specialist.